Sean Chercover is a dual citizen, born to a Canadian father and an American mother. He grew up in Toronto and spent childhood summers in Georgia. After earning a Liberal Arts degree from Columbia College Chicago, he worked as a private investigator in Chicago and New Orleans. His other professions have included television writer, video editor, support diver, waiter, encyclopedia salesman, and some best forgotten. After a series of corporate PR writing gigs drove Sean insane, he settled down to write fiction in earnest.
He is the author of the novels BIG CITY BAD BLOOD, TRIGGER CITY, and THE TRINITY GAME, as well as short stories that have appeared in a number of anthologies. His work has received the Anthony, Shamus, CWA Dagger, Dilys, Crimespree, Gumshoe and Lovey awards, and has been shortlisted for the Edgar, MacAvity, Barry, ITW Thriller and Arthur Ellis.
He lives with his wife and son in Toronto, where you can find him running in the ravines with his bionic dog.
- With Tasha Alexander at The Big Thrill.
- An interview at New Mystery Reader.
- Big City, Bad Blood takes the Page 69 Test.
- With Russel McLean at Crime Scene Scotland.
- Listen to an interview with Sam Weller on Chicago Public Radio.
- With Julia Buckley at Mysterious Musings.
- An author snapshot at January Magazine.
- With Jochem Steen at Sons of Spade. Also, a Background Check on my protagonist, Ray Dudgeon.
- With J.B. Thompson at Spinetingler Magazine (pdf).
Frequently Asked Questions
For Sean’s FAQ, please click here.